Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2009







The last day of work for me is almost over. For some stupid reason I decided to work the last couple of days for the year instead of taking them off as annual leave. Tomorrow I head off to Christchurch via Wellington. I'll have to be up at a sparrows fart to catch a Super Shuttle that should pick me up at 0615. My flight leaves at 0745 so I'll have plenty of time. A couple of hours on the ground at Wellington will probably be spent at Mojo drinking their fine coffee, then onto an AirNZ 733 to Christchurch.

It's been a quiet year. Only 240 hours logged flying, 140 hours instructing in the simulators (the curse of being an IFR instructor!). About 3.5 weeks off on annual leave (still have 3 weeks in the bank to use), 3-ish weeks off sick (unlimited supply of them) and a whopping 250 hours being Duty Instructor! My medical was suspended for around a month due to catching pneumonia ( 3 days in hospital) over Labour Weekend in Christchurch.

Here's hoping for my Multi Instructor rating in the new year in the new DA42-L360's. Goos times I hope!

No comments: