Tuesday, October 6, 2009

To New Plymouth



Finally a good day for a visual nav to New Plymouth. The weather's been against us over the past couple of weeks, kinda frustrating! Airborne around 0830 to NZNP via Wanganui (NZWU) and Hawera (NZHA). A bit of cloud kept us below 3000ft until Waverley but the skies cleared enough for us to climb.

We needed to get to 6000ft or above as the students need experience navigating high level. A touch'n'go at Hawera then to New Plymouth via Stratford. I always like to grab a coffee at Airspresso at the New Plymouth terminal. Always good coffee. I let the kiddies re-fuel while I re-fueled.
We routed back to Palmerston North via Patea Dam and Jersualem which can be hard to find even on a good day. A bit of low cloud and light turbulence made the job a little harder for my student but he managed to find it (must be due to my superb flight instruction!). Total flight time there and back was 3.1 hours.

No comments: